Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Tuesday Number Two!

As part of my new Tuesday tradition, I will list items I am thankful for.
1. Fort Worth's balance between urban and rural.
I love living in a big city. Every destination I need is within reach. I also love trees and flowers though, and I think Fort Worth has the perfect balance of them. You go downtown, which only consists of cement in many cities, and you see trees and flowers in beds. If you get tired of the gray, you just have to turn your head for some green, and if you get tired of the green, you just have to turn your head for some gray.
2. Texas weather.
Last week we were sweating and this week we're wearing sweaters. I love that I never have to stick to one item in my wardrobe. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
3. My tomato plant.
I bought one of those cheater plants at Wal-Mart that was already blooming and I have managed to keep it alive and healthy. We'll have tomatoes soon.
4. Quotes and Quips from kids.
Yesterday Claire confessed that she thought Pat-a-Cake said, "Bake your hands" but now understands that it is "Baker's Man."
5. Half Price Books
Last week I took two bags of books in and a vague idea of a Bible study book I wanted. I found what I needed and almost paid for it with what I didn't.
6. A cold glass of clean water.
I'm drinking one right now and I'm lucky. Millions of people in the world can't do that.
7. E-mail
I HATE talking on the phone. It's paralyzing and there's something that draws the children to me when I'm on the phone. They'll be busy making crafts but if I get on the phone, all the sudden they are hanging on me like monkeys. I am so grateful that in this day and age, I can e-mail instead of talk on the phone with most people.
8. Birds singing.
In our neighborhood, I often hear the birds singing even at night. It's beautiful.
9. My Steam Mop
I highly recommend my Shark Steam Mop. No detergents and you wash the mop pads. It's wonderful.
10. Flavored coffee creamers
For years, I have been wanting to buy the fancy flavored coffee creamers, but denied myself because I thought they cost too much. Recently I discovered they are only $1.28 at Wal-Mart. It's changed my coffee-drinking experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment