Thursday, May 12, 2011

God-incidents

Sometimes everything falls into place so perfectly you know God had a hand in it.
Yesterday after Adam left for the airport, the kids slept in. This meant we didn't have time to walk to the library. We were sitting down eating chocolate chip pancakes when the doorbell rang.
A friend of mine, I'll call her "Betsy," was at the door. (I decided to give her a code name here not because she needs one, but because I've always wanted to give someone a code name.)
Betsy and I had been estranged, and although I wasn't mad at her, it appeared we wouldn't be able to be friends. The details don't matter.
What does matter is that Betsy was on my side of town to visit a different friend that lives in my neighborhood. She got lost and ended up on my street. She saw my house and took it as a sign from God she should come talk to me.
We mended our friendship and everything is fantastic. I am so proud of her, though, because that takes courage to ring the doorbell at a house of a "former" friend.
Talking with Betsy made us late to the library, which in turn, lead me to having a conversation with one of our librarians about umbrellas. Claire and Paul have super cute character umbrellas from Wal-Mart and we were talking about them when he mentioned he had forgotten that he needed to buy one. He told me that recently when feeding the homeless, a lady asked him if she could have his umbrella and he gave it to her. That left him umbrella-less in the rain.
After the library, we immediately went and bought Mr. Michael a new umbrella.
Last week I read Adam Hamiton's book "Why?" in which he states that he believes in both coincidences and "God-incidents." Yesterday was full of "God-incidents."

1 comment: