Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thankful Tuesday #3

Today is the day of the week when I list what I'm thankful for. I have so much that I am able to do this once a week!

1. My new Ipod Touch -- While I didn't deserve or need this, I am very excited about it. Now I can put all my music on one Ipod and play Words with Friends. I haven't won a game yet, but I'm getting better!

2. Early morning wake ups -- I get so much more done in the day when I wake up at 5 a.m. See, I've already drank a large cup of coffee, done my Bible study, checked Facebook and e-mail, played Words with Friends, and blogged and it's only 5:48!

3. Dollar Tree -- My kids have run out of activities at my granddad's house. Apparently a box of broken toys from the 1960s doesn't hold the same allure as it once did. I took the kids to Dollar Tree on Friday before we went to my granddad's and felt like a millionaire there. "Sure, we can buy the kids tape! Sure you can have that coloring book and those pencils! Bubbles? Sure!" I loaded up on fun stuff to keep there and there was zero fighting that day. I was actually able to install a printer with no interruptions!

4. Ceiling fans-- You can raise the temperature on the AC thermostat and turn the fans on and not notice a difference. Money saved!

5. Cute babies -- While I will probably not have another one of my own, I have been surrounded by cute babies this week. It was Baby Sunday at church and I got to hold and squeeze nearly every one of them. Yesterday I got to hold another. Nothing compares to the hug you get from a fat baby.

6. Blooming daisies and growing tomatoes -- I have successfully kept my tomato plant alive and it has about five tomatoes still growing on it. I'm very proud of that plant that I bought already blooming at Wal-Mart. Cheating, I know, but fresh tomatoes will taste the same whether you cheated or not. Also, my favorite flowers are blooming in the backyard. I love daisies! They make me happy every time I look at them.

7. Our backyard -- Although you'd have to look hard to find a few feet of unobstructed grass in the backyard, we have it full of fun. A pool, trampoline, and a play set.....It's a kid's wonderland.

8. St. Augustine grass -- I love walking barefoot through our grass. No pesky cockle bur stickers, just soft grass.

9. My grill -- Last year my little gas grill pooped out and we got me a glorious new one. It's red and has five burners. I love it and use it almost every day during grill season.

10. A sleeping house -- Everyone, including Wesley Eugene, is sleeping peacefully right now. I will hopefully be able to catch up the laundry uninterrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment