Monday, May 2, 2011

Chex Mix

I went to a Bible Study retreat on Saturday, and we all brought snacks. My favorite was Robin Stout's apricots dipped in chocolate. Delicious! I made Chex mix, which was tasty, but nothing compared to apricots dipped in chocolate. So at the end of the day, I had nearly a gallon of Chex Mix left.

I was driving home from church, trying to figure out how I was going to get rid of a gallon of chex, when I saw a homeless man with a sign that said, "Hungry and Broke." I always debate whether or not to give beggars money, but Chex mix isn't money, and I was going to give it away anyway, so I rolled down my window and gave it to him.

This man was so excited! He told me that he knew God had wanted him to bring a backpack that day for a reason. He said he was going to try to sell the backpack, but now he filled it with Chex. He handed me a grubby bookmark and thanked me profusely. Then he told me "God loves you and I love you so much, too." He kept saying that now he wanted to find someone to give him money to buy milk to go with his Chex.

It was awesome, and all it cost me was the loss of a giant container. I think I'm going to start keeping more snack mix in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment