Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thankful Tuesday Number Five, I Think

Hello!  I've been out of the blogosphere for a few days because we took an anniversary trip to Fredericksburg.  Lots of shopping and wine and fun.
That leads me to my Tuesday thanks list.

1.  Dog-sitters and Babysitters
This week I am thankful for my friends the Carlton family, who watched Wesley Eugene over the weekend.  I'm also grateful for Adam's sisters for both watching and thoroughly entertaining the kids all weekend.  The list of what the kids did is long...horse-riding, tea party, trampoline ring-around-the-rosy, and on and on.  Thanks to all of you!

2.  Stacy and Matt
I would like to also extend thanks to Stacy and Matt, who went with us to Fredericksburg.  We had a lot of fun, and they even bought dinner one night.  Love, love, love them.

3.  Adventurous eaters
According to Adam's mother, he was raised on PB&J, Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese, and pepperoni pizza.  I am proud of everyone in my house, all with expanding taste-buds.  Last night we ate spinach salad and Greek goulash with gnocchi noodles.  It was healthy and everyone ate it.  I won't say it was a make-again recipe, but I am proud of my adventurous eaters.  Claire and Paul even had seconds on salad!

4.  The garage
Yesterday we had hail and my car stayed dry and damage-free in the garage.  I was also able to load the kids up during a rainstorm without getting wet.  We are blessed.

5.  Growing things
We are successfully growing lavendar, cilantro, tomatoes, squash, okra, bell peppers, and daisies.  This is my most successful gardening year ever!

6.  Ann-Marie
Preschool is out, and I didn't have anywhere to take the kids so I could work.  Luckily, our friend Ann-Marie was actually thinking about watching kids over the summer so she could pull out all her old teaching supplies.  Every Tuesday the kids will now go to Ann-Marie's preschool....for free.  We are all ecstatic.

7.  Pandora
Last week I was trying to explain Vanilla Ice to the kids.  Unfortunately I don't have him on my Ipod.  Fortunately, there is Pandora Internet Radio, where I typed in a search for the classy rapper and instantly produced both that song and many more classic 90s dance hits.  I was dancing all day.

8.  The Blue Chair
When Adam and I were newlyweds, we splurged and bought him a recliner.  It still sits in our living room and was the perfect chair for nursing babies, and is still pefect for rocking kids and reading, and doing my devotional each morning.  It's so big and comfy, I can sit anyway I want to in it.  I love that chair.

9.  No flooding.
When we first moved into our home, the kitchen would flood during heavy rainstorms.  We bought a little gadget for the door that basically looks like an absorbent snake.  We have rarely had to mop up rain since then.

10.  Ministers and new perspectives
Sunday was our senior pastor's last day at church.  We love Dr. Rev. Jerry Chism, and will surely miss him.  He's become family.  Today, though, I get to meet our new senior minister, and I can't wait to see all the new perspectives and excitement she will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment