Friday, April 1, 2011

Destinations vs. The Journey

This morning in my meditation I was thinking about Adam and how we are different. He is a destination man. Once he sets his destination, he sees only the path to his destination and nothing else. Like last night I asked him to clean the table off after dinner and work on the kitchen. I was thinking that he'd move all the dirty dishes to the kitchen for me to wash later. No, he was trying to create a spotless kitchen, so it was hard for him when I tried to distract him by asking him other things. He saw his destination and he couldn't get off the path to it.

I, on the other hand, am a journey girl. I know my destination and I know I'll get there eventually, but I like to stop along the way and smell the flowers, visit with friends, read a book to the kids, etc. One time I was on my way to my friend Stacy's house. We were going to have a playdate with her daughter and lunch with her mom. Along the way we saw a truck that looked like this:



I was so excited to show the kids this muddy truck that we followed it down the highway and ended up getting lost. I eventually made it to Stacy's house but not on time.


I think stopping to see the muddy trucks in our path helps make life exciting. The kids sure were excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment