Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Reflections

Today is my birthday. I'm 33 and happy to be 33. I don't want to be in my 20s any more. Maybe as I get older that will change, but I'm happy right where I'm at. I'm more comfortable in my own skin at 33 than I was in my 20s. For my blog of the day (and I'm super proud of myself for blogging every day for approximately 8 days) I thought I'd reflect on the last year and hope for the next one. In my 32nd year, I

  1. Potty-trained a two year old boy.

  2. Started getting up earlier consistently and journaling, praying, and reading the Bible.

  3. Began appreciating being called "Ma'am."

  4. Slowed down my printed book buying and began transferring my reading to my Nook.

  5. Had several nights reading quietly next to Adam. I love that he has become a reader!

  6. Admitted and accepted that I'm a bad driver. No wrecks this past year, though!

  7. Got a job! I'm the communications coordinator at church!

  8. Lost some friends and got some new ones. Somehow it always happens that way. I'll mourn the loss of a friend to a move or a severed relationship, and then the next day casual friends start popping up out of the woodwork and becoming true friends.

  9. Caught up and kept up with some old friends. I always love when I can keep enjoying a joke that was cheesy 15 years ago.

  10. Enrolled the kids in preschool.
In my 33rd year, I'd like to:

  1. Appreciate the moment more. I am currently making a conscious decision to do this. I recognize what makes me happy and I'm trying to stay in the moment and enjoy the happiness.

  2. Continue to de-clutter my house. Yesterday I saw some novels that I wanted to read that were FREE! I picked them up immediately but then set them back down so I wouldn't have that extra clutter in the house. I've got plenty to read.

  3. Get off junk mail e-mail and USPS mailing list. I want to save time and a tree!

  4. Read what I want and not force myself to finish a book I don't like.

  5. Get Claire reading fluently before kindergarten.

  6. Teach Paul to write his name.

  7. Save.

  8. Eat better and exercise.

  9. Recognize what makes me frustrated and try to get over it or fix it.

  10. Go on a trip. (Adam and I are about to celebrate 10 years of marriage!)

1 comment:

  1. Great list. Thank you for sharing.

    I would like to point out that Jesus saved the world when he was 33 (according to John). So make your "Jesus Year" fruitful!

    ReplyDelete