Thursday, March 31, 2011

Riding a Horse at 6 a.m.


What were you doing at 6 a.m. this morning? I was attempting to read the Bible and have my quiet time. I try to get up at 5:30 every morning so I can have 30 minutes or so to myself. Then I can inject coffee into my veins and get a little Jesus peace. This morning I had to search for peace next to a squeaky rocking horse.

Paul got up with me this morning and while I often can get him to snuggle while I read and pray, today it was a no go. He wanted to play with Legos, and his toolset, and a squeaky horse. I placated him with fruit snacks and tried to focus.

In the Bible, Jesus welcomes distractions, no matter what he is doing. So this morning, I gulped coffee and tried to be grateful for a loud horse at 6 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment