Friday, April 15, 2011

Main Street Arts Festival

Yesterday we went to Main Street Arts Festival in Fort Worth. Believe it or not, they actually have several free activities for children. We did all the free ones and a couple cheap ones and I walked out only $13 poorer.

The Tabernacle of Praise had a booth set up. They were telling me how awesome their church was. If you go there on Easter Sunday, you get a FREE 8x10 portrait of your family! He also told me that last week they went to a gas station in Benbrook and gave every customer $20 in free gas. And apparently, soon they will give away $1,000 in free groceries! It almost made me want to go to get the free stuff! Oddly, he didn't tell me anything about God or Jesus, but of course I didn't mention my religious beliefs, either.

Paul chose the ever-masculine ladybug for his face painting. After it was over, I was a little disappointed, because $5 didn't even buy us both cheeks! Even Paul said, "I wanted two ladybugs!" He still was happy with his one, though.


I let each kid spend $5. Claire chose to make sand art instead of face painting. I thought I would have to help, but she actually did it all by herself!


Here she is posing with her sand moon art. This was a bargain. I heard other moms complaining to their children, whom they bought the $10 bottles for, that their kids weren't putting enough sand in fast enough! It took Claire about 10 minutes to fill this tiny bottle. I'm glad we chose the small one.


This clown offered balloon sculptures for a smile and a tip. When the line started forming, though, he dropped the smile off the requirements and said that you had to give him a tip. Hmmmm. I'm glad we saw him on the first day, when he still retained some cheer. I imagine today that he'll be a grumpier clown.


Claire got a flower hat.


Posted by PicasaPaul got a sword. Claire immediately tired of her flower hat and gave it to Paul, who wore it proudly. He also tried to stab several people with his sword. Everyone was terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment