Friday, April 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday:Jump

So I have recently stumbled upon Lisa Jo-Baker's blog.  She's a mama and a professional blogger. Every Friday she posts a prompt and readers are supposed to write about it for exactly five minutes.  Since I'm running a little late this morning anyway, I thought I could do that with a focus.  Today's prompt is Jump.



Today I will jump in the day late, oversleeping, but patient with myself because that's okay.  I will make the kids jump out of bed and later, Adam will jump on a plane and fly home.
Claire, Paul, and I will walk to school in this breeze, chilly air, and hopefully jump for joy at a few miracles we see along the way.  Look at the bird on our Little Free Library!  Look at that new rose blooming on that bush; better go back and cut that one.  Who will we give it to?
Look at me as I speed past you on my scooter.  You are an old lady.  Yes, that's right, I am sooo old.
Jump as we look at our watches.  Five minutes to go!  We can get there in time.
Jump as we see Claire's best friend getting out of the car.  Lola!  Wait for me!
Jump as we head home, just Paul and I because we don't have an agenda today, except for waiting for Home Depot to come measure our floors.
Jump because our day will be full of washing dishes, playing baseball, petting dogs, and maybe planting our sprouts.
Jump on the trampoline.

5 comments:

  1. welcome to fmf!
    may your jumping be filled with nothing by joy after joy today and the sweet freedom that comes from embracing life moment by moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile - it's so joyful and full of life. I'm glad you decided to tackle 5 Minute Friday even though you were running a little late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!
    A unique voice. Your love for life and family comes out in every typed line.
    Cheers,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes my heart happy! :) I love it. I'm here from FMF. And I enjoyed your post so much. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete