Thursday, April 18, 2013

All I can do is hug you

On Monday explosions devastated Boston.  Last night a fertilizer plant in West, Texas caught fire and exploded, injuring hundreds and evacuating a town.
News like that makes some want to crawl in a hole and hide from the world.  Not me.  I want to run outside right now at 5:24 a.m. in my nightgown to go wake my neighbors and tell them they're fantastic and can I hug you?  I want to drag my kids out of bed so I can hug and kiss every inch of their precious hands and feet and tell them  how much I love them and what I dream for their future.  I want to teleport myself to St. Louis to interrupt the Steel Conference to inform Adam Boyette that I love him.  (Flying or driving would take too long.  I would like to be there now and a phone call isn't the same as a hug.)
I want to get in the car and take a road trip to visit every single one of our friends to personally hug them and tell them I love them.  Even Wayne in Saudi Arabia, although there's not a direct road route there, so I'd settle for hugging his wife in California.
Unfortunately my schedule doesn't permit that, so what I will do today is radical hugging of the people I can see.
I can't stop bad things from happening and I can't even predict the future so I can warn people.  I can't even give blood to the blood bank today because I have a terrible cold and possibly will end up on antibiotics before the end of the day.  I can't give millions of dollars to non-profits.  I can't go rescue people myself; I know little about first aid anyway.
But what I can do is hug people.  I can tell you that I love you and that I believe love is the most powerful force in the world.  I believe God is love and when you feel love you are experiencing God.  I believe love is our soul and sole purpose in life and can I share with you that I love you?
So if you are in my path today, especially if you're not a hugger, be prepared.  You will get hugged.

1 comment:

  1. Your such a great person and you've become such a wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete