Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Minute Friday: View

Our back room/den, which currently has stadium seating (i.e. two couches crammed together.)

The laundry couch is bowing under the weight.
View: What a funny topic to write about today.  My view around my house is drastically different today than it was two days ago.  When you're in the process of home renovation, everything changes.  Adam and I worked hard in preparation for the new floors.  All furniture was taken out of the living room and kitchen and relocated to our back room/den and our garage.  Yesterday the floor installers showed up, took one look at the floors and told us they couldn't do anything yet.  We have asbestos in the glue remaining on the slab.  We had been informed by multiple experts involved in our process that it is no big deal as long as we leave it alone.  We intended for the wood and tile to be installed over it.  However, the work crew said that the wood and tile won't stick to this.  So we'll be living in boxes for a while longer.
I've used all my chore time on moving furniture and packing and haven't had time to hang laundry.  Currently the laundry is shoulder-high on the couch.  That's clean laundry that will be folded, hanged, and put away this weekend.
The kitchen, which Adam and I starting to paint.  No flooring yet.
Our living room floor with the dreaded asbestos.
There is enough work to keep me busy from the time my feet hit the ground to the time my head hits the pillow for several days.  However, I am getting smarter about my limits.  Yes, the laundry pile is taller than both of my children, but I can work and work and work and work and work and work and all my work will never be finished.  Better to work hard for a time and then play hard for a time.  I wonder which super hero I can be today?
















The garage.  Everything had to be moved out of the living room and kitchen.




What is Five Minute Friday?  It's an idea on Lisa Jo-Baker's blog.  You can find out more about it here.

2 comments:

  1. Found you at 5MF/ We had a house fire in 2010. We dealt with contractors and the insurance company for four months before we were able to come back home. I know it can be a nightmare at times. I pray peace for your family as everything settles down.
    It's amazing how one thing can change the clock on the work that needs to get done, eh?!

    ReplyDelete