Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful for nothingness

Today I am thankful for:

1.  Delicious food
If anyone didn't eat too much over Thanksgiving break, I haven't met them.  We had several days of deliciousness.  And considering that much of the world doesn't even have clean water, I am spoiled.

2.  Time to read
We went to Texarkana for Thanksgiving and I read three books.  I love days when the most pressing item on my agenda is finishing my book.

3.  A husband that enjoys driving.
Adam drove to and from Texarkana.  Yesterday I drove to Kroger, the first time behind the wheel in several days.  He actually enjoys driving.  I am thankful for him.

4.  Kids thankfulness
Every day this past week, Paul has prayed aloud at the table, thanking God for his whole self, his whole family, his dogs, and the food set on the table.

5.  Family time
We spent all our time this weekend together, doing stuff as a family and enjoying it.

6.  Mainstay Farm
Yesterday we took our sixth annual trip to Mainstay Farm in Burleson to get our Christmas tree.  We rode go-carts, slides, a hay ride, and Adam and the kids bounced on a giant pillow.  Fun!

7.  A fresh tree
Although part of our tradition at Mainstay Farm is to cut down our own Christmas tree, the Texas drought cleared them out this year.  Instead, we are currently enjoying a lovely tree from North Carolina, where, according to the salesman, got 80 inches of rain in the last few months.

8.  Wii Sports
Today Paul and I played competitive games on the Wii.  We boxed and played golf like pros, or at least animated ones.

9.  Scarves!  Scarves!  Scarves!
I mentioned to Adam's godmother that I'd like some new scarves.  She sent me home with so many, I can't even count.  Half of them she made herself, which makes them extra special.

10.  Independence regained
Last week, my grandfather asked to be moved back home.  I checked with the appropriate people at the nursing center and took him home on Wednesday.  This did cause a rift with my cousin, who apparently disagreed, but my granddad says he's doing great.

11.  Nothingness
This past week was full of days with nothing on the schedule.  We had fun with each other, ate too much, and had a blast.  I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Thankfulness -- a wonderful concept! And definitely not wacky! ;-) Stan Graner

    ReplyDelete