Thursday, January 8, 2009

Peace and Home

Since last Thursday, I have left the house three times. Twice to the doctor and once to the pharmacy and library. This would drive many crazy, but not me. I love staying at home. I crave staying at home.

Everything is so calm and peaceful. We listen to music or just to each other's voices. I play with Claire and her new toys. We read books and cuddle. I clean house.

Since I quit work at the end of the school year, I haven't been home this much. I intended to, but just haven't been able to. Paul's illness grounded us and freed our schedule.

I focus so much on helping others and saving money by going to several stores that I've been missing out on what's happening at my house. It's funny because I want to teach them empathy and charity but have forgotten to teach them and myself how to relax.

I am so much happier when we stay home, so my New Year's resolution is to do more of that. I think if I do my grocery shopping on Sunday or bundle my errands into one day, we can stay home all the other days. I am learning that I need to schedule at home time. It's importance had been lost to me.

It's so amazing that instead of cabin fever, I'm feeling more like myself.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got some much needed at home time. How is Paul doing now? The breathing treatments helping? Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete