Friday, September 4, 2015

Thanks, Again

Today we wrap up our second school week, and I am thankful.

Here's my list for the week:

1. Catching up with friends
By this weekend, I'll almost be done catching up with everyone I lost contact with over the summer. I am grateful for the various rhythms that the changes in seasons bring and I'm grateful for several friends that keep up with me and keep me grounded. I have a good mix of friends I listen to and friends that listen to me. I am thankful.

2. Connecting the dots
In Theology class, we are learning some church history. In Methodist History class, we are obviously doing the same. What is exciting to me is taking history that I've known my whole life and connecting it with what I'm learning today. I understand a more complete picture this way.

3. Pumpkin spice coffee creamer
Starbucks isn't serving Pumpkin Spice lattes just yet, but I've already bought the flavored creamer and am enjoying the tastes of fall.

4. Swimming
We are so blessed to have our very own swimming pool in the backyard. The kids favorite after school activity is walking home and immediately getting into our swimsuits. We swim for a bit before we come in and do homework. It's just enough to reset our minds and our body temperatures. I love living in Texas, where I can swim and drink Pumpkin Spice lattes in the same day.

5. My blender
For uses that were certainly purely academic, I bought a sturdy blender in college. Nearly every day I still use the same one, now making healthy fruit smoothies for breakfast. It's entertaining to me to think of what I used to put in my blender and what I get excited about now. 

6. My new owl
At the local elementary school where I work, I'm known for my fancy hair ornaments. I buy fake birds at Dollar Tree and wear them in my hair. This week, my friend Teri became aware that I didn't have a fall bird for my hair. I've been wearing spring birds in the fall. Thank God she remedied the situation and now I have a fall owl. 

7. Three day weekend
Woohoo! We made it to the weekend, and now we have time to catch our breath and catch up before our  third week of school starts.

8. Not having to worry
Claire's teacher told me this week how much she enjoys having her in class. I thanked her. Paul's teacher told me this week how lucky I was to have two excellent children. I thanked her as well. I am grateful that our children are loved and appreciated beyond the walls of our home. I am thankful that already, they are loving, productive members of society. 

9. Teamwork at work
At church, I am grateful to work with people as a team. It's exciting to see when one of us starts something or has an idea and then the others pitch in and make it happen. We all have different gifts and I am grateful that they compliment each other. I'm also happy to be part of the team at school and be one of the people that works behind the scenes to help.

10. Being in the right place 
My schedule takes me to a different place nearly every day. I'll work at church, then school, then go to class, and home. I am grateful that in each one of these settings, I feel completely at home and in the right place for me. I have loved ones in each location and each setting fits me perfectly in a unique way. I am humbled and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment