Friday, September 11, 2015

Thank God it's Friday!

Woohoo!

Here's what I'm thankful for today:
1. The best part of a three day weekend
Last weekend was a three day weekend, so this week was a four day work week. It's Friday! Hallelujah!

2. Friends that make time for me
Some of my favorite people are the busiest. I am grateful that I was able to connect with several of them this week via email or in-person chats. I always feel more grounded after touching base with friends I haven't seen in a while. I also feel energized after talking and listening to people about real joys and real problems. I also had lunch with my favorite friend, my husband. 

3. Keeping caught up with homework
Another school week down, another week I was able to complete all my homework! If you would like to read my UMC Book of Discipline, you can borrow it at the end of the semester. I am fascinated by it! 

4. Surprises
I have another friend who sent me a giant happy book. I checked the mail on Tuesday and there was a huge box for me. My friend Jennifer had sent me volume 1 of the best Bible dictionary available. I was ecstatic! (See picture? Excited!) 

5. Labor Day weekend perfection
Last weekend we had family and other loved ones come over and swim and eat and laugh. Several times I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. Listening to discussions of certain presidential candidates almost made me spit water across the back room.  Yelling girly words to distract the men from listening to our conversation was hilarious as well.

6. First presentation down
Yesterday in my Methodist History and Doctrine class, I made a presentation about a John Wesley sermon. I was anxious, but it went well. If you would like an explanation of John Wesley's views of "Circumcision of the Heart" let me know and I will share a beautiful handout with you.

7. Grown up conversations with kids
I called the house yesterday from campus and spoke with Claire. We had the best conversation. It's so fun to hear her speak like an adult, advocate for what she wants, and be silly. I am so proud of both of my children and their beautiful hearts and hilarious personalities.

8. Miracles of time and space
Yesterday when I woke up, I realized it was one of those days with a milion puzzle pieces in my schedule and not a clue as to how they would all fit together. But through the miracle of the time and space continuum, I finished my homework and presentation, made it to class, and made it to both meetings I had to attend. I also met Adam and picked up dinner for the kids. By the end of the day I felt like I had lived two days.

9. AC repairmen on call
We love our air conditioner repairman. We love him! If you need a recommendation, please let me know. He'll be featured at Casa Boyette today because something is wrong with our unit. 

10. Connecting the dots
I'm taking two classes that are focused on history right now. It's exciting to me to go back and re-learn some history that I've known for years but through a theological lens. I love stories about the Tudors, but now I'm learning about the role of the church in the Tudors history. And connecting the dots between the first churches and the history of Methodism and history I've known before gives me pause and several "aha!" moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment