Sunday, September 29, 2013

I'm not in Kansas any more

Last week I had the opportunity to attend the Church of the Resurrection Leadership Institute in Leawood, Kansas.  The Church of the Resurrection is possibly the most famoust United Methodist Church by itself for its 18,000 members, but also for their phenomenal, well-known pastor and author, Adam Hamilton.
I went with five other ladies from my church.  We all attended our own workshops and took notes to report back.  My workshops centered around church communications. Besides reading books and blogs about church communications, this was my first time to attend an education class specific to the church.
One day I was gulping my coffee the group had to leave me behind while they went into the sanctuary for morning worship. I realized I was the only person in the booth area, so I decided to go ahead an peruse while the crowd was inside.  I went to the United Methodist Communications booth, which usually was surround by people.  There the representative opened with, "I have a heart for communications in the United Methodist Church. How do you feel?"  We became fast friends and shared stories. 
I learned so much and enjoyed my time away so much.  I am so grateful for the experience.  I am also extremely grateful to Adam, who took care of the kids without me for three days, and our friend Ashley who picked them up from school every day.
Special thanks to Adam who even had to take care of a sick kid and clean up illness.

Here's a photo of me and my new friend Neeley.  I'm so happy that my eyes aren't even open!



No comments:

Post a Comment