Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School!

Yesterday Paul kept asking me, "Why do you keep hugging me and saying, 'My little kindergartener'?" I told him, "Not too long ago you were a baby wearing diapers and learning to crawl.  Now you can read books and you're going to kindergarten!"  He replied, "I can crawl now, too."

Today was the first day of school for Claire and Paul and it's 2 p.m. and I'm sitting at the kitchen table sipping coffee and eating Trader Joe's trail mix.  It has been a good day.

We all mostly got up on time.  The kids excitedly put on their new clothes.  I took them to pick out school shoes a month ago and we've been  holding them for the first day of school.  Paul strapped his on and announced they were too small.  His feet grew a size in a month!  Thankfully the shoes haven't been worn and I have my receipt.  We'll be stopping by Academy today to get some new ones.

Both kids entered their classroom without fanfare and we took photos and left with no tears from anyone.  I had anticipated that I might cry, but I was so excited I was able to hold it together.  I can't wait for 3:00 to see how the day went!
Claire was ready to pose, but Paul had to stop and inspect a bug before he got in position.

In front of the Little Free Library.

Loaded town with supplies and teacher gifts, we headed to school.

Adam and the kids in front of the school.

Evil kids or silly ones; you decide.


Claire got to sit by one of her best friends, all the way since Kindergarten!

Paul at his table.

Mia, on the left, is our neighbor from down the street.  Now she's Paul's neighbor in class, too!

Adam offering last words of advice before Paul gets to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment