Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thankful Twednesday

Yesterday was Thankful Tuesday but I was so worn out I just couldn't make it.  It's okay.

Here's my thankful list this week:

1.  Presents that are nearly priceless
Last week my friend Mary Annelle alerted me to a way to get a new board game for $1.  I got two.  I also used my $10 Kohl's coupon to buy Adam a Christmas present.  This morning I started my vistaprint.com holiday shopping.  I ordered notecards, postcards, notepads, a mousepad, and magnets, all with my kids' pictures on them, all for the cost of shipping only.  We're doing Christmas on a budget.

2.  Just Between Friends Consignment Sale
This sale is where I purchase most of my kids' clothing.  If you ever see Claire in a gorgeous, expensive looking dress, you know where I got it.  I take the kids twice a year and basically say, "Whatever you want, you can have."  They love it just as much as I do.

3.  Day in the District
Last Saturday, every museum in Fort Worth had free admission.  We were able to take the kids to two art museums and teach them art appreciation in the process.  Each kid was thoughtful with their comments, telling why they did or didn't like a work of art.  I was impressed at the depth of thought they put into it. 

4.  Last minute babysitters
We had a friend having a birthday party on Saturday.  We were going back and forth on whether we wanted to go, but when we finally decided, we were able to secure a great babysitter.  The kids played in their tent and didn't even miss us.

5.  Trips down memory lane
Before we went to the party on Saturday, we stopped by the Half Price Bookstore that I used to work at.  One of my friends was still there and caught me up to speed on the latest news.  Then Adam and I drove around UTA and reminisced about our college days. 

6.  Calm
Yesterday we had a busy day.  This morning Paul and I rode the Forest Park mini train together, snuggling, half-dozing, and just enjoying not having to be anywhere but where we were.

7.  Reconnecting with an old friend
My friend Jo is elderly and dying.  I have taken the kids to see her several times lately but her nurse said it was a bad time. Finally on a whim on Saturday, the whole family rang her doorbell.  Success!  We all got to give her the hug we've been wanting to give her for a while.

8.  Empty laundry hampers
They mean I at least have all the clothes washed.

9.  A computer found
Yesterday I was so proud of Paul's cowboy outfit, I was showing him off.  Unfortunately, my focus was on him and now carrying my computer to the car.  I got home and was afraid I had lost my laptop.  Thankfully, I just left it in my office and it is locked up until I can retrieve it.

10.  Swings in the backyard
Nothing makes the kids happier than me to push them as high as possible on their swing set.  Nothing makes me happier, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment