Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting over myself

Dear Blog readers,

Yep, I haven't been blogging a lot lately. This is due to my illusion of self-importance. I haven't been blogging because I've been thinking to myself, "This is not worthy of my blog. My blog is only seriously intelligent stuff." I know. Isn't that hilarious? So now I've gotten over myself and will be blogging regularly.

Last week I read the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I highly recommend this book. The book contains practical advice on how to be intentional about being happy. I am very happy, but I am guilty of several "happiness drains" and I'm trying to fix them.

One happiness drain of mine is clutter. There are few square inches in our house not covered with papers, books, or toys. I'm working on it.

I also have e-mail clutter. I'm slowly unsubscribing to lots of e-mail newsletters and deleting unused accounts. Today I went to delete my myspace account but then waxed nostalgic when I started printing off my old blog posts. I blogged on that site for four years and have lots of memories stored there. I printed them and will bind them. I realized that my writing is not always worthy of a professional publisher, but it's full of memories and usually funny. How can you not laugh at blogs about poop?

That's all for right now, but you know more will be coming soon. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack in action!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Glad you are back. I missed your hilarious posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only started following you recently (thanks to Ardis) and look forward to your upcoming posts. I would love to read more about how you work educating your children into your everyday life. I loved the idea of incorporating counting and ABC's while jumping on the trampoline.

    ReplyDelete