Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sappy Thoughts

Today is Adam and my 9-year anniversary. While our two kids are still napping, I thought I'd post some sappy, fond memories of our life together.

It started with a box of Reese's Puffs. The moment I fell in love with Adam was when I saw him walking into the Shorthorn office at UTA brandishing a full-size box of Reese's Puffs to replace my trial size box that had been eaten. I was too poor/cheap to buy that cereal and was upset that someone else ate my little box, so when Adam replaced it with a giant one, I knew he was a keeper.

Before that, we were honestly just best friends. We bonded after his girlfriend dumped him and I tried in earnest to get them back together. We would give each other dating and relationship advice. Of course, that was before the Reese's.

We have been all over the country together. Adam loves driving and I love reading and napping on road trips. We've driven to Niagara Falls, Washington D.C., Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Matamoros, Key West, and several other places along the way.

Adam is completely left-brained and I am completely right-brained. This is often frustrating because we see nearly every situation completely different, but it's also a strength because we always get another viewpoint.

I love cracking jokes with him that only he will get. We have many inside jokes that have gone on nearly our entire relationship. Like we always say, our relationship is built on mutual harassment.

2 comments:

  1. On monday, we wll celebrate our 13 year anniversary. I too have many sappy moments that until this day, we stilll giggle about. It is hard to believe how time flies. Too bad I can't fit back into that wedding dress though!

    ReplyDelete