Monday, April 23, 2012

My Pinterest Birthday Garden

I have fallen prey to Pinterest, the online pin board system.  I love looking at new recipes and ideas to make life easier and prettier.  One idea I wanted to try was the pallet garden.  I've tried gardening a few times with containers or my flower beds, with limited success due to weeds or drought.  I liked this pallet garden idea because it was raised for better drainage and easier weeding.  My birthday was coming up, so I used that as an excuse to get help setting this up.  We picked up some pallets beside a gas station dumpster.  When we got the best looking one outside, Adam decided it needed a base.


So we pried boards off the other rejected pallets, as shown here.  The kids had recently attended a Sears how to workshop and each have their own personal hammer, which they were happy to put to use.

 After Adam slid boards in the bottom, we filled it with dirt and planted vegetables.  It's growing great!  Here the kids are with the finished project.  They looked a little worn out.

1 comment: