Friday, February 24, 2012

Thankful Friday

This morning is not as hurried as most, and for that I am thankful.  I got up at 5 a.m. this morning, right on time.  It seems when I get up later than that, the entire mood of the house is different.  I'm more rushed and everyone in turn is too.  I get up early to read my Bible, but also to get my coffee into my system so I can get a head start on everyone.

Today I am thankful for:
1. Productivity
I've made a few small changes this week which has resulted in an increase in my productivity.  Little things like washing dishes last night even though I was falling over exhausted and timing myself on vacuuming.  Yesterday I was able to get my email box, which had 1,500+ emails in it down to 188.  That will help me sort through the important action items and the forwards.

2.  Dogs snoring
Wesley Eugene, our Yorkie, has finally decided it's okay to be friends with Cpt. Midnight Sugar Dot Express.  A couple of mornings ago both dogs were snoring in my lap while I did my morning devotional.  Super cute and it made me sad when I had to get up.

3.  Half Price Books clearance aisle
I'm in the midst of reading a mystery series--Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar series.  The other day I finished one and wanted the next one.  It was $10 to buy digitally, but I went to Half Price Books and found the next three books for $1 each.  Score.

4.  Sunshine
No matter how I'm feeling that day, when it's a beautiful sunny day, my mood is always lifted.  It's hard to be stressed out or grumpy when the sun is shining perfectly and you're driving with the windows down and the music playing.

5.  Silly kids songs
Claire is always making up songs.  When she sings a song she knows part of, she just makes up the rest of the verses.  Hilarious.  I wish I had written down the song she made up yesterday.

6.  Lunch with Claire
On Wednesday we had some flexibility in the schedule, so Paul and I brought Claire lunch.  She was proud and I think we visited with every kid in her class.  It was sweet to sit amongst her kindergartner friends and hear what was on their minds.  One girl unpacked her lunch and shouted with excitement when she found a container of croutons in her lunchbox.  Many of them showed me what was on their lunch plates.  I was disappointed to see zero vegetables with the school lunches, but encouraged to see that bringing your lunch really is cool at Claire's school.

7.  Progress with Diego
Paul and I have been tutoring a boy at Claire's school for most of the year.  Finally he can say all the letters in his name and a few others in the alphabet.  I disturbed the entire library with my enthusiasm for his progress.

8.  Wii dance
I keep having to stop typing this to watch Paul because he's dancing to the Wii.  He just finished "I am Your Robot Friend."  Thanks to Stacy for getting us onto the Just Dance craze.  We've been jumping like Five Little Monkeys nearly every day.

9.  Escape for a day
Tomorrow is Project Mom, a conference for moms in Fort Worth.  I will be spending the day in seminars learning how to be the best mom I can be.  It sounds fun to me, but what sounds the best is that Adam will be taking care of the kids for the ENTIRE day!  This is a welcome relief, especially since he's been working such long hours lately.

10.  Old friends
I have had a chance recently to reconnect with some of my friends from years ago before I even wore the name Boyette.  It's nice to catch up and remember and know that there are people out there that have known you for so long and still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment