Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thankful Tuesday

Hello!  I made it on Tuesday this week!  Currently my daughter is painting with hot pink paint and my son is crying because I unpacked his school bag, but nonetheless, I am still thankful!

Here's my list this week!

1.  Being on time
After what seemed to be a slippery slope of near tardiness, we got Claire to school right on time today.  I can't get up any earlier, so I'm hoping better time management will help us to make this a habit.

2.  Not getting a ticket
Adam and I both earned a $500 pedestrian violation ticket on Saturday when we left the State Fair, but luckily, the cop let us go with a good talking-to.

3.  Missing the train
We were in a dangerous position on Saturday, in between an opportunity to get crushed by a freight train or hit by a TRE, we escaped both.  Please read.

4.  Neighbor kids
We live in an older neighborhood and there aren't many kids to play with.  My children don't mind, but you would have thought a celebrity came to our house this Sunday when the boy down the street played in the driveway on his scooter.  He's 14, so I doubt he was as excited as the kids were, but he was very sweet to them and showed them his tricks.  He also respected my wish to keep my kids in the driveway.

5.  Bor-ed
I don't think I posted this last week, but if I did, know I'm still grateful for it.  Claire came home the other day and said, "You know so and so in my class?  She told the teacher she was bor-ed.  What is that?"  I laughed because my children have never used that word.  There's too much to do to be bored.  Besides, Claire didn't even pronounce it correctly.

6.  Electric windows
Remember when you had to crank the windows up and down?  I am so spoiled with electric windows in my car, that rolling up windows by hand sounds miserable to me.

7.  Free fun at the State Fair
Since we spent lots of money on train tickets and food, we were grateful for the free quality entertainment at the fair.  We saw African Acrobats, stunt dogs, and stunt BMX riders, all for no additional money.  Woot!

8.  Kleenex
I feel as if I listed this before, but oh well.  When I was young, I had terrible allergies, and my mother was constantly getting on to me about how many kleenex I was "wasting."  Nowadays you can get a box for $1 so I even let my kids make crafts with it.  There's not a sneeze in my house that can't be met with a kleenex.

9.  Kids that entertain themselves
On Saturday, we had to wait an hour for our train.  The kids didn't even notice.  They were too busy playing red light green light with their colored fans from the State Fair.

10.  Emergency ice
Also on Saturday (an eventful day) Paul fell off a bicycle rack he was climbing on.  He had a huge knot on his head and the nearest restaurant was three blocks away.  Luckily the DART police had an ice chest in their car trunk and we fashioned an ice pack without having to walk a long way and beg.  His head was fine within the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment