Monday, July 26, 2010

Freaky Deaky

Two events happened this weekend that I can only refer to as freaky deaky or God. I prefer the latter.
I was driving home from the grocery store on Saturday and saw a man asking for money. He had an oxygen tank and a cane. I don't know if they were props or if he actually needed them, but I felt bad for the guy so I gave him $2. I also offered him a hot dog that Paul hadn't even touched, but he didn't want that. He said he couldn't eat hot dogs. That lead me to believe that maybe he was a faker, but oh well, I tried to share love with him anyway.
When I got home the mail was in the mailbox. When I opened it, I received $2 for a phone survey I recently completed. I was completely reimbursed from my investment with the possibly-faking-it bum.
Yesterday Claire and I went to early worship service at the church. Our late friend Susan loved going to early worship service. When we were singing the closing hymn, a memoriam paper from her funeral fell out in my hand. We don't usually sit where we sat yesterday; I always let Claire pick the pew. So of all the pews in the church and of all the hymnals in the pews and of all the pages in the hymnals, I chose the one with Susan's funeral program in it. I felt like she was there worshipping with us. I passed the paper on to a friend who dearly loved Susan but who couldn't go to her funeral.
So either these events were freaky-deaky coincidences or they were God. You decide.

1 comment:

  1. I fully believe in "divine intervention." There's nothing freaky-deaky about it. It was God's Hand.

    ReplyDelete