Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chimpanzees

For my birthday, the family got a zoo membership. Claire, Paul, and I have been enjoying it at least weekly since spring break. It's nice to be able to go to the zoo for just an hour and not feel pressured to see all the animals; we can see them next time.

Yesterday the chimpanzees were up and in a performing mood, so the kids and I sat there for half an hour watching them. They were jumping, playing, and having lots of fun. We got to watch them eat and interact with each other. Then the mother started nursing her baby and I immediately related and was a little bit jealous. Wouldn't it be cool, I thought, if all I had to worry about was feeding my kids and having fun? I never had to throw them in the car and rush anywhere, I never had to clean cheerios off the floor or out of hair...

Then one of the chimpanzees backed his rear toward us and pooped. I immediately woke up and back to reality. Pooping in public? No thank you. I think I'll be a human. Of course, I didn't see the mom have to rush over there and clean the poop.....Hmmmmm....Might not be as bad as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment