Friday, March 13, 2009

Updates

Paul started crawling today. Watch out! I have been looking forward to/dreading this day for a while. Now I have two mobile kids to keep up with.

Claire has been developing her social skills with regular playdates. When we started playing with other kids a few months ago, she fought and wouldn't share. She's getting the picture now and even offers turns on different toys. That's not to say that she doesn't yell "Mine!" every once in a while, but she is getting better.

According to the Wii Fit, I am no longer obese, just overweight.

I have been staying home more the past few weeks and loving it. I don't get cabin fever. There's always something to do and never enough time to do it.

Adam and I are watching less and less television. We were Tivoing all our favorite shows, but it is impossible to watch TV at the dinner table with two kids. We try (and often fail) to have conversations instead.

Because I paid dues for a semester, I returned to the mom's club at the local Baptist church. This month, everyone wore pajamas. I literally didn't get the memo. Since I don't attend that church, I miss out on stuff like that. Also, gambling was brought up, and all the ladies at my table told me with a straight face that if they were in Vegas or Shreveport they wouldn't even play slot machines. "We're Baptists. We don't believe in gambling." I told them my Baptist grandma gambles in Shreveport regularly....They said, "Well, she must not really be Baptist." I told them my grandpa is a deacon in the church...That shut them up.

I find that group of ladies exclusive, condescending, and unfriendly. There is one nice lady in the entire group. She is the main reason I go. But I started thinking, and if I joined this group to meet ladies in my neighborhood and make friends, and I'm not doing that....And if I come home from each meeting disappointed and judgmental, maybe I should quit. Adam reminded me that, while many things that happen are often ridiculous to us, I am going on their turf and should be more respectful.

I've also gotten smart about cleaning house. I have a regular date set up on Friday mornings for one of Claire's friends to come over to distract her so I can clean. This morning I vacuumed, swept, and mopped the entire house while they played. It was awesome.

And tomorrow Adam is taking Claire to Sweetwater, OK for something called the Rattlesnake Roundup. Apparently it's a county fair with rattlesnakes. I will be taking Paul to an immigration hearing in Dallas.

I think that gets us all caught up on the news in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment