Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Catching up

This morning I woke up Claire by sneaking in her room and smothering her with kisses. "No!" she yelled. "Get-off-of-me!" She's never said that before, so I started laughing.
She often sounds so grown up that I forget she's a two-year-old.

Another event I want to remember is her first communion. It was on Nov. 16. Adam had decided that since we keep Paul with us in service, why not Claire, too? I was initially hesitant, but I agreed anyway. She was actually pretty good. She colored a little bit, climbed in and out of our laps a little bit, and enjoyed herself. Since we attend a Methodist church, there are no limits on who can get communion, so we took her up there with us. I had to direct her hand to dip the bread into the chalice, but she didn't drop it and we didn't do anything germy. Hooray!

I'll add more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment