Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Our Trip to the Northeast: Ending in NYC

When I was a kid, Pace picante sauce had a commercial about salsa made in New York City. It ended with some cowboys protesting use of a salsa made in New York City.  "New York City?" They exclaimed. "Get a rope!" said another.

Click here to see this commercial.

The entire time we were in New York City, I kept replaying that commercial in my head and finishing every "New York City" with "get a rope."

Despite my annoying internal monologue, I love New York city. The crowds, the people from all over the world, the food from everywhere, the subways, the walking, the big buildings and lights; I love that city. I could never live there; it's too fast paced for my every day, but I love visiting it.

We arrrived on July 4 and were able to see the Macy's fireworks. Police officers were everywhere to ensure everyone's safety.

This was the first time on our journey that we were actually hot. Not Texas hot, but still pretty warm.

Thanks to Adam who secured tickets in February for the Statue of Liberty. It was exhausting to climb all the way to her crown, but also exciting.

When it was time to come home, we were all ready. Both kids had survived a stomach bug and I had a bad ear infection. We were desparate to sleep in our own beds and be back at home. However, the airline cancelled our flight. We stayed one more night and flew out the next day.



I took many, many photos, but here are my favorites.





No comments:

Post a Comment